Date and Time
Mon, Apr 29
6:30 PM - 9:30 PM Tue, Apr 30
6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
$100 AFS Members | $125 regular price
1143 Northwestern Ave
ABOUT THIS CLASS:
In this intermediate class we’ll learn how to use the Adobe Creative Suite for Video Production (Premiere, Audition, After Effects, Media Encoder, etc.). We will switch from one app to another using the Adobe Dynamic Link feature as an efficient way to improve your video production workflow. We will use real life examples and assets to generate a TV commercial from scratch. Using integration between apps, we’ll create a master project within Adobe Premiere and from there we’ll link and open assets and files to other Adobe apps. Basic knowledge on Premiere and After Effects is needed. Basic knowledge of Audition and media Encoder is not required but would be helpful.
This class will cover the following topics:
- Create a Master Project in Adobe Premiere
- Replace clips in Premiere with Adobe After Effects compositions
- Send individual sound clips to Adobe Audition (render and replace)
- Open an Adobe Premiere project in Adobe Audition for final sound mixing
- Use Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator files for motion graphics with Adobe After Effects
- Use Adobe Media Encoder for final export renders for both Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects
Producers who complete this class will have access to our take-home iMacs for 72 hours at a time.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR: CESAR GUEVARA
Founder and director of the independent collective Tren Géminis, César has produced, edited and directed numerous short films shown in various national and international film festivals. Most recently, he edited the stop-motion animated short film “The Homecoming” released in 2014 (Best Guanajuato Short Film – Guanajuato International Film Festival) and the 2017 short film “Little Star” (Best Independent Film – Cinema New York City). When he is not making films, he works as a Motion Graphic Designer for several agencies and artists from Mexico.